someone you should probably hold on to (via asapkingsofparis)
The New World Shopping Mall has been abandoned since 1999. It shut its doors after being condemned by local regulators. A few years later a massive fire destroyed the structure’s roof. Not long after that monsoon rains flooded the lower floors.
As a way to combat the spread of mosquitoes and other insects breeding in the stagnant water, locals introduced koi and catfish to the former mall. Not only did the fish take care of the pest problem, they’ve thrived. It is now one of the world’s largest urban ponds.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold" - Old Klingon proverb.
Please love your pets because their lives are short and they’ve seen you naked or having sex or masturbating or all three and they still love you.
Kurt Vonnegut’s Rules for Short Stories
1. Use the time of a total stranger in such a way that he or she will not feel the time was wasted.
2. Give the reader at least one character he or she can root for.
3. Every character should want something, even if it is only a glass of water.
4. Every sentence must do one of two things–reveal character or advance the action.
5. Start as close to the end as possible.
6. Be a sadist. No matter how sweet and innocent your leading characters, make awful things happen to them–in order that the reader may see what they are made of.
7. Write to please just one person. If you open a window and make love to the world, so to speak, your story will get pneumonia.
8. Give your readers as much information as possible as soon as possible. To heck with suspense. Readers should have such complete understanding of what is going on, where and why, that they could finish the story themselves, should cockroaches eat the last few pages.
Kurt Vonnegut (via saintofsass)
Our first attempt at a Swedish fire log was a smashing success.
burns for hours and it looks beautiful.
I have no idea how you make a Swedish fire long
but i have a MIGHTY NEED for a Swedish fire log
and these are hella good for cooking on top of too- wanna cook something in a pan? You got yourself a li’l stove right there.
730 in the morning like: *bong bubbling noise*